Finding the right people to help you build a successful franchise can be tricky. Great staff are hard to find. But there are a few ways to make sure that you’re attracting the right kind of people to your franchise business, and, just as important, a few ways to make sure they stick around once you’ve found them.
How to Recruit Great Staff
- Advertise Clearly – Make sure you’re communicating clearly in your recruitment adverts. There is no point having a generic ‘help wanted’ ad with your branding attached. If you want to find the perfect person for the job, you need to be perfectly clear about what you’re looking for.
- Sell Yourself – Businesses often fall into the trap of expecting prospective employees to do all the selling. If you want your position to appeal to the best of the best, you should be prepared to show them what you can offer. You might consider creating some marketing materials specifically marketed towards prospective employees.
- Look Beyond the Flash – Some employees look amazing on paper and have charm for days, but might not be able to back it up when it comes time to get the job done. Others, may struggle through the interview process but have the just the skill set you’re looking for. Just because they aren’t so great at the sales pitch, doesn’t mean they won’t be excellent at the job you’re asking them to do.
How to Keep Great Staff
- Finding great staff is only half the battle! Keeping them is just as important. If you’ve found someone who is a perfect fit for your franchise, do everything you can to keep them on board.
- Be Flexible – Always remember that your staff are people and that they have lives outside of your business. Although it may be inconvenient to you sometimes, being accommodating of your staff’s personal lives is a great way to ensure that they feel accepted and appreciated.
- Be Grateful – The fastest way to lose great staff is to make them feel undervalued. If you’ve found talented, reliable and passionate staff, make sure you say thank you at every opportunity. If possible, give bonuses, take them away from the office for lunch and give them opportunities to learn and grow. They’ll remember you for it.
- Be Loyal – Never speak ill about other employees, service providers, or even the bosses to your staff, it may feel like bonding but it’s actually just a shortcut to distrust. Loyalty is a 2 way street.
Here at Kwik Kopy we’re always looking for great new people to join our team! If you’re interested in starting your own franchise, contact us today! Kwik Kopy is one of Australia’s top rated franchises – and proud of it!