Offset and digital are both great printing options for your business. Each offers their own set of benefits that (depending on your project) can help achieve your desired results.
Let’s take a closer look at these two printing options to help you decide which one is right for your business.
Digital printing offers a great printing solution for businesses who want high quality and high speed but shorter print runs. It works by sending your print file from a computer to the digital printer using toner (in a laser printer) or liquid ink (inkjet printer) to immediately print onto paper. So if your business only needs 100 flyers printed then it is ideal.
When combined with variable data printing, digital printing allows you to customise and personalise printed items such as newsletters, calendars, catalogues and brochures.
5 Advantages of Digital Printing
- Fast turnaround and cheap setup costs are lower for short runs
- Print only the amount you need, when you need it (as low as 1)
- Offers flexibility if you need to make frequent changes
- Inexpensive option if you want black and white printing
- Variable data capability makes digital printing ideal for customising print marketing material.
Offset printing offers high-quality, high-volume printing technology and is a cost-effective option for long print runs such as catalogues and brochures. This technique uses plates to transfer an inked image onto a rubber blanket, then to the sheet of paper.
Offset printing keeps colours consistent and is the best choice when larger quantities are needed and for branded documents requiring a crisp, professional finish.
5 Advantages of Offset Printing
- Cost effective option for long print runs
- The more you print, the cheaper the price per piece
- A large variety of paper types with custom finishes are available
- Special custom inks such as metallic and Pantone colours can be used
- Highest possible printing quality, with consistent images, exact colour and greater detail.
As you can see, each printing method has the potential of being right for your business. We can help you review your project requirements and deliver a high quality printed product suited to your business needs. For further information, contact the team at your local Kwik Kopy today.