What’s the one thing you notice in every single high profile event? Media walls. Just look up any celebrity online or sportsperson and you will always see photos of them standing in front of media walls, covered with logos. From press releases to charity events to galas to movie releases, media walls are truly a staple in public events. It’s a standard red carpet moment and a photographer’s best friend.
You might be wondering “are media walls exclusive to elite Hollywood celebrations?”. The answer is no. Almost any event can make use of a printed media wall. Because there are different ways to style one, organisers have the option to have it designed according to their needs. Generally, there are three kinds of media walls:
- For Sponsors: Media walls are the spotlight for generous donors and investors who have contributed to make your event a success. It’s a great way to hold your end of the bargain without being too pushy about it. Media walls are a great way to advertise sponsors in a way that it blends with the rest of the event. This calls for a media wall that is lined up with the logos of the sponsors. This type is generally seen in concerts, press junkets and conventions.
- For The Brand: Maybe your brand is launching a new product or celebrating their anniversary. Whatever the event is, the media wall’s goal should be exposure. The key to creating a brand-centric media wall is simplicity. Having your logo arranged as a pattern works well – just be sure to speak to a specialist large format printer like Kwik Kopy before you get started.
- For The Event: This is for events that rely on participation and publicity. We are talking about charities, galas, and fundraising events. Similar to movie premieres, media walls for events are there to make the celebration recognisable so when people take photos of it and post them online, it’s easy to identify where they are.
Why Add Media Walls In The First Place?
It’s all about making the most out of the situation. When you have a public event, you want to give it publicity. Media walls are photo magnets and will help your event circle the rounds of internet stardom. It’s branding, marketing, and public relations in one product.
- It Adds Value To The Venue
In real estate, accent walls increase the value of the property. The same is true for media walls. They can come in different shapes and sizes, so you don’t have to stick with what everyone is doing. You can print yours on red or black paper for a more glamorous appeal. Throw velvet ribbons in front, maybe some red carpet, and you have something eye-catching.
- Promotion of Sponsors
Hosts will always be expected to thank their sponsors, no matter what. And what better way to express gratitude than spreading their logo on an entire wall? It’s a simple and subtle yet effective way of acknowledging your sponsors in a public event.
- Brand Marketing
This is especially true for smaller brands that are still trying to make it in the industry they belong to. Your guests might know what your brand is and what you stand for, but outsiders won’t. Do the reporters and special guests a favour and introduce your brand to them through a media wall. The last thing you want is for people to keep wondering who’s throwing the event and what for. With media walls, you can make a statement and you can make it memorable.
- Event or Product Promotion
Marketing a new product or event warrants a lot of attention. One of the best ways to increase visibility is through, you guessed it, media walls. It’s a fantastic way to put whatever you’re promoting front and center for all the journalists, organizers, and attendees to see. Make sure to have your guests take photos in front of this to really get the most out of it.
Media walls need to be printed by large format specialists to ensure the quality of the print. We understand the importance of choosing effective materials that work well outside. Speak to us today about your media wall printing project for a competitive quote.