Competitions can be a fun way to promote your small business. From building your business profile to increasing brand loyalty, competitions can be a great addition to your small business marketing strategy. But not all competitions are created equal.
Here are our tips for making sure that it’s not just your customers who are winning, but that your business is too.
6 Things to Consider for Successful Business Competitions
- Know Your Purpose – Figuring out why you want to run a competition in the first place will help you choose the right giveaway. Do you want to get more Facebook ‘LIKES’? Attract new customers? Grab email addresses for your list? Get feedback about your company? It’s important to decide your main goal first and take it from there.
- Make it Trackable – How will you gauge the effectiveness of your competition? Page views? New likers? Retweets? Make sure you decide ahead of time how you will track your numbers and what will constitute a successful campaign.
- Know the Rules – When you hold a competition in Australia there are legal rules and regulations that you need to abide by. Depending on your prize giveaway, you may also need to get a permit and there are legal considerations for choosing your type of competition (i.e. chance vs. skill) and how you will determine your winner.
- Write the Rules – Once you know the rules you need to abide by, you can write the rules that your entrants need to abide by too. Make things as clear and easy as possible in order to increase engagement and keep things fun.
- Promote Your Contest – Now comes the fun part – start promoting your contest! Share it on Facebook, tweet about it or send out an email. There are also competition websites that allow you to list your competition online which is another way to increase traffic.
- Stick to Your Word – When all is said and done, make sure the winners of your competition get their prize!
If you need help managing your competition or for help with your marketing strategy, contact the team at your local Kwik Kopy today!