With the silly season upon us, it’s easy to get so caught up in the December madness that we forget to focus on business growth. But with the end of 2015 fast approaching, now is the perfect time to take stock of the year and think carefully about what you’ve achieved, what you’ve learned, and how you can make the coming year wildly successful.
How to do an End of Year Business Review
- List Your Achievements – First things first, it’s time to take a look at what you’ve achieved this year. Make a list of every project you completed and list your successes. Take some time to bask in the glow of your hard work and celebrate your achievements. You’ve earned it!
- Compare & Contrast – Next, take a look at the goals and objectives you set out for yourself last year. How did you shape up? Did you meet your goals? If not, why not? Analysing what worked (and what didn’t) will help you set more realistic and achievable goals this time round.
- Review Your Team – Now you know what you’ve achieved, let’s take a closer look at your team members, did they meet or exceed expectations? Make sure you make a plan to reward the the ones who did, and to empower those who didn’t to do better next year.
- Check Your Feedback – Don’t just listen to what people are saying TO you. You also have to focus on what people are saying ABOUT you. Check your direct feedback channels – like customer email – as well as checking what people are saying to others on social media, forums or blogs.
- Make a Plan – So, now you have an overview of what happened this year, now it’s time to look forward. What do you want to see happen for the business in the new year? What would you like to do differently? How can you improve?
- Set Specific Goals – Time to get specific. Make defined goals, along with a plan for how you will make each one happen. Make sure your goals are not only realistic but measurable. Then, figure out a way to keep them on your radar all year long so you don’t lose sight of them.
- Communicate Your Vision – Now that you have a clear idea about what you’d like to see happen for your business in 2016 you need to make sure the rest of your team knows what’s in store. Take some time to get everyone up to speed so you’re all on the same page.
Don’t have a business yet or dreaming of starting one in 2016? We have Kwik Kopy franchise Centres available to buy now. Contact Kwik Kopy team today to find out more.