Being your own boss is the dream, but there is an old saying “Dreams don’t work unless you do” and if you’re serious about becoming a franchise owner you need to invest some quality time in researching the business world. Once you’ve decided exactly which industry you’re interested in you can start reading up on your preferred choice of industry, but in the meantime you should start with these 5 business books before buying a franchise business.
5 Books to Read Before Buying a Franchise Business
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Powerful Lessons for Personal Change by Stephen R Covey – First published in 1990, this groundbreaking book has sold more than 10 million copies and continues to be one of the most relevant leadership books on the market. If you’re looking for tips to become more effective in your personal or professional life, this book is for you.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill – The grandfather of motivational literature, this book was originally published in 1937 but has recently been revised and updated for the modern business owner. This book has sold more than 15 million copies worldwide and is an all-time bestseller in the field of motivational business literature.
- The Richest Man in Babylon by Richard S Clason – This modern day classic “reveals the secret to personal wealth” and is hailed as one of the greatest inspirational books about financial planning, thrift and personal wealth. If you’re interested in making – and keeping – money this book is sure to set you on the path of prosperity.
- Getting to Yes – Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In by Roger Fisher and William Ury – Based on the great work done by the Harvard Negotiation Project, this book will help you understand – and successfully navigate – all levels of conflict resolution and negotiation, with step by step instructions for finding solutions that will not only meet your personal needs, but preserve relationships for future negotiations. A must read.
- The Personal MBA – Master the Art of Business by Josh Kaufman – This audiobook, based on the author’s blog PersonalMBA.com, is a vital tool for any person interested in entrepreneurship and business management. Kaufman shares essential knowledge about marketing, entrepreneurship, negotiation, sales, productivity and much more. Be sure to visit the blog for even more information.
Interested in owning your own franchise? Kwik Kopy is one of Australia’s top rated franchise opportunities. Call us now to find out why.