If you’re looking for an adventure that gets your adrenaline racing, then the world-famous Monaco Grand Prix (held each May) is one to add to the bucket list.
Since 1929, Monaco (which sits on the French Riviera) has offered a dazzling location for this exciting race on one of the narrowest courses in the world. No race is more glamorous and in fact, many Formula One (F1) racing fans will tell you that the Monaco Grand Prix is their pick of the races, making it the F1 event to go to for a once in a lifetime experience.
The Circuit de Monaco is installed prior to the race featuring multiple elevation changes as well as the usual twists and turns we’ve come to expect on an F1 course. The track takes six weeks to put in place and three weeks to remove it. Fans get to be so close to the cars that they really feel the power and exhilaration of the race.
Of course, you don’t have to be an F1 fan to appreciate all the glitz and glamour of Monaco and its Grand Prix. Even those new to racing can’t help but fall for the allure of sunny Monaco and its steep rocky terrain and natural harbour.
The stunning surrounds together with the lure of an elegant casino make Monaco a popular getaway for the rich and famous. But there are plenty of wonderful experiences to be had for the rest of us when visiting the wealthiest city in the world.
Magnificent Monaco – 7 Things to See and Do (after the Monaco Grand Prix)
- See (or stay at) one of Monaco’s amazingly glamorous hotels e.g. the Hotel du Paris and Hotel Hermitage.
- Watch the changing of the guard in front of the Prince’s Palace.
- If you’re a flower lover, you’ll enjoy a trip to the Princess Grace Rose Garden.
- Car enthusiasts will enjoy visiting the Museum of Antique Automobiles (where you’ll also find Prince Rainier’s private collection of antique cars).
- Visit Princess Grace’s tomb in the Monaco Cathedral.
- Take a look at the principality’s world-renowned Oceanographic Museum.
- Walk the port’s promenades and check out all those yachts.
Ready to dock your yacht in Monaco? Request a quote today from your local Kwik Kopy for your chance to win a trip of a life time (main prize includes a $12k travel voucher to visit your dream destination plus $3k spending money). Good luck!
Visit kwikkopy.com.au/win for more information and promotion terms and conditions.